Engr. Dr. Khuram Maqsood
Assistant ProfessorPEC Number: Chem/ 6057
Email: khuram.maqsood@ gmail.com
Ph.D. Chemical EngineeringExperience(Years): 17
CO2 Capture (Cryogenic)
Process Machinery & Eq. Design
PAPERS PUBLISHED IN JOURNAL / CONFERENCE
1. "Performance enhancement and energy reduction using hybrid cryogenic distillation networks for purification of natural gas with high CO2 content,"
Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering, vol. 31, pp. 1120-1135, 2014. (Impact factor 1.241)
2. "Cryogenic carbon dioxide separation from natural gas: a review based on conventional and novel emerging technologies,"
Reviews in Chemical Engineering, vol. 30, pp. 453-477, 2014. (Impact factor 2.833)
3. "Energy minimization in cryogenic packed beds during purification of natural gas with high CO2 content,"
Chemical Engineering & Technology, vol. 37, pp. 1675-1685, 2014.(Impact factor 2.175)
4. "Synthesis of Conventional and Hybrid Cryogenic Distillation Sequence for Puriﬁcation of Natural Gas.
Journal of Applied Sciences, vol. 14, pp. 2722-2729, 2014. (ISI and Scopus)
5. "Techno-Economic Evaluation of Cryogenic Networks for Separation of CO2 from Natural Gas,"
Applied Mechanics and Materials, 2014, pp. 635-638. (ISI and Scopus)
6. "Synthesis of energy efficient cryogenic distillation networks for maximum methane recovery from natural gas with carbon dioxide and heavy hydrocarbons,"
Journal of Applied Sciences. (Accepted) (ISI and Scopus)
7. Synthesis of energy efficient cryogenic distillation networks for maximum methane recovery from natural gas with carbon dioxide and heavy hydrocarbons.
Presented at International Oil and Gas Symposium and Exhibition (IOGSE 2013), Sabah, Malaysia, October 2013.
8. Techno-economic evaluation of cryogenic networks for separation of CO2 from natural gas.
Presented at 3rd International Conference on Process Engineering and Advanced Materials (ICPEAM2014), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, June 2014.
9. Enhanced process performance using LNG as coolant for direct and indirect cooling configurations in cryogenic packed beds. Presented at Annual Post Graduate Conference (APC), UniversitiTeknologi PETRONAS (UTP), May 2014.
10. Studies on cryogenic flash vaporization of CH4-CO2 binary mixture.
Presented at Annual Post Graduate Conference (APC), UniversitiTeknologi PETRONAS (UTP), November 2014.
11. Recent advances in cryogenic separation of carbon dioxide from natural gas.
Presented at the International Conference on Frontiers of Chemical Engineering (ICFCE2013), NIT Rourkela, India, 2013.
12. Mathematical Modeling Of Energy Requirement in Rectangular Tray Solar Desalinators
Presented in International Conference on Energy & Advancements in Process Engineering (ICEAPE), 2010.
13. Performance enhancement using multiple cryogenic desublimation based pipeline network during dehydration and carbon capture from natural gas, Chemical Engineering Research and Design, 2016.
14. Process intensification using mixed sequential and integrated hybrid cryogenic distillation network for purification of high CO2 natural gas
Chemical Engineering Research and Design, vol. 117, pp. 414-438, 2017.
15. LNG as a Coolant for Direct and Indirect Configurations for Cryogenic Packed Beds
Published in NFC IEFR Journal of Engineering and Scientific Research, ISSN 2222 - 1247, Vol-5, Issue 1, 2017-07-31.
16. Barebones of Gas Transport through Membranes,
Published in NFC IEFR Journal of Engineering and Scientific Research, ISSN 2222 - 1247, Vol-5, Issue 2, 28.12. 2017.