Determination of Merit
The comparative merit of applicants will be determined on the basis of overall adjusted admission marks obtained by them in the examination stated above:
- For applicants with intermediate or equivalent qualification:
- 70% weight to percentage Marks obtained including sports and Hifze-Quran Marks.
- 30% Weight to entry Test Marks.
- For applicants having DAE qualification (for reserved seats only)
- 70% weight to percentage Marks obtained in DAE including Sports and Hifz-e-Quran Marks.
- 30% weight to entry test Marks.
- For applicants having B.Sc. Engineering Technology or equivalent Qualification (for reserved seats only)
- 70% Weight to percentage Marks obtained in BSc. Engineering technology degree in case of Annual system. In case of the degree being awarded under semester system, a CGPA of 2.5 out of 4.0 will be equated to 60% marks and an out of 4.0 will be interpolated accordingly.
- 30% weight to entry test marks.
Credit for Hifz-e-Quran:
- Hifz–e-Quran is given additional marks in determination of merit. He will get the benefit only if he has:
- Filled in the necessary check box provided in the application form; and
- Will appear before the Hifz Committee appointed by the Director for oral test carrying (0-20) Marks and the committee will award marks according to the degree of his proficiency.
- Intermediate /DAE/B.Sc. Engineering Technology or equivalent marks are adjusted according to the following Formula:
- Percentage marks obtained in intermediate /DAE/B.Sc. Engineering Technology or Equivalent +(Marks awarded by the Verification committee/11)
Credit for Sports:
A maximum of 10 marks will be added to the academic marks in Intermediate or equivalent examination of an applicant who is sportsman.
- Filled in the necessary check box provided in the application form; and
- Will appear before the “sports committee” appointed by the Director for credit of marks and the committee will determined his proficiency as a Sportsman according to the following criteria:
- “05 Marks for Physical; Test showing actual performance and endurance”
- “01 Marks for Inter College Champion”
- “02 Marks for District Level Champion”
- “03 Marks Divisional Level”
- “04 Marks for provincial Level”
- “05 Marks for National Level or under 18 representation abroad”
- Intermediate /DAE/BS.c. Engineering Technology or equivalent marks are adjusted according to the following Formula:
- Percentage marks obtained in Intermediate/DAE/BSC. Engineering Technology or equivalent+(Marks awarded by the Verification committee/11)
Note: The above all type of additional marks will not be considered for eligibility criteria for admission.
Category Wise Merit
The total seats are distributed among different categories (as mentioned in seat break-up). The applicants for each category are grouped separately and their merit will be determined category - basis.
Preferences & Merit
If a seat in any Program/Category is lying vacant such cases will be referred to admission committee and vacant seats will be filled as per their advice.In case a seat in any discipline/category of applicant’s higher preference falls vacant and he/she is eligible for transfer to that discipline/category on the basis of his/her merit, he/she shall be automatically transferred to said discipline/category in next merit list.
IMPORTANT:Consideration in the Next Merit lists
Admission are granted on merit and according to preference given by the applicants. An applicant who secures admission in a discipline of his lower preference and he will be consider in next merit lists for his higher preferences. If he does not want to be considering in next merit list or further upgrade, he has to submit a written application to freeze his admission in his current discipline at least 03 days before the display of next merit list.
Notification of Selection
Complete list of selected candidates will be put up on the Institute Notice Boards, while minimum aggregate will be put up on the Institute web site http://iefr.edu.pk as well. Kindly note that it is the sole responsibility of the candidate to remain abreast with the status of admission as available on the Notice Boards.
Forming of Sections of Classes
The disciplines having strength is more than 60 will be divided in two sections. The sections will be called Section A and Section B. The distribution of Roll Numbers in sections is sole discretion of admission committee, which is not challengeable. Timing of both sections will be swapped after each semester.
In Case of Conflict
In case of conflicts between admission rules & regulations of NFC Institute of Engineering & Fertilizer Research, Faisalabad and University of Engineering& Technology, Lahore then the rules of University of Engineering & Technology, Lahore will supersede the rules of NFC Institute of Engineering & Fertilizer Research, Faisalabad.
Grant of Provisional Admission
The provisionally selected candidates on merit basis will be informed through a merit list will be displayed on institute notice board or website. As per eligibility on merit basis within each category, Provisional Admission may be granted to the applicant in the respective disciplines of study. The provisionally selected candidates on first year merit basis,after declaration of Intermediate/equivalent final result if he/she fails to meet the eligibility criteria mentioned in Prospectus, his/her admission shall stand cancelled automatically. Provisional Admission will be confirmed after the verification of all original documents endorsed by the issuing authority, while Provisional Admission will stand cancelled automatically if registration of candidate will not be granted by the University of Engineering &Technology Lahore, as per university rules& regulations In case, if any discrepancy appears during entire period of studies, the admission of candidate will be cancelled along with all academics and non academic credits achieved by the student. Only refundable dues will be refunded as prescribed in this prospectus, if applicable.
Depositing of Admission Dues and Documents
The selected candidates have to deposit the Admission Dues within 05 days from the display of merit list i.e. Rs.156,260/-for B.Sc. Engineering programs & Rs.120,640/- for B.Sc. Computer Science programs and Rs.98,780/- for B.Sc. Technology & BBA programs in shape of Demand Draft / Pay Order in favor of NFC Institute of Engineering & Fertilizer Research, Faisalabad. After due date no one will be allowed to submit the Admission Dues. Merit lists and Fee submission schedule will be display on notice boards as well as on Institute web site. Its candidate’s sole responsibility to confirm his admission from Institute. No relaxation will be given in time limit to deposit the fee.
The selected candidates have to submit the following documents at the time of depositing the Admission Dues:
- Have to show the original academic certificates to admission officers for verification of photocopies.
- Candidates who selected on other than Punjab province category have to show their Original Domicile and CNIC at the time of verification of photocopies.
- 03 sets of photocopies of SSC, HSSC/DAE or equivalent Certificate.
- 02 sets of copies of Entry Test Result.
- 06 copies of the most recent passport size photograph.
- 01 set of copies of Domicile and CNIC of candidates who selected on other than Punjab province categories.
- Undertaking on a Rs.100/- non-judicial paper duly completed.
- Bio-data card Form-III duly completed in all respects.
Forfeiture of Right of Admission
A selected candidate who fails to fulfill the requirements laid down in the above clause within the prescribed time-limit shall forfeit his right of admission.
Rejection of Application
The Institute reserves the right to reject any application for admission without assigning any reason.
- The Admission made as a result of an error, omission or mistake shall not confer any right on an applicant.
- If any stage, a student is found indulging in politics, his admission will be cancelled.
- The application who apply on 1st year result .They have to submit their complete result within 15 days after declaration of intermediate result from board.If any applicant fail to submit the complete intermediate result card within 15 days after declaration of result, he/she shall forfeit his right of admission.