BSc Computer Science
The B.Sc. Computer Science Program owes its emergence to the relentlessly growing demand for professionals with expertise in Computer Science & information technology. It has been designed to offer a blend of Computer, Communication technologies, and other information retrieving/processing tools to provide the students with the practical skills to entire the world of opportunities. Computer Science curriculum is allied to the application of computers to a wide range of problems. It aids to provide a solid technical foundation that prepares me for a career that can adapt to rapidly maneuvering technologies in computer science and telecom engineering. The course aims to provide an understanding of how software and hardware technologies can be harnessed to help with solving problems. Topics include the structure and organization of computer systems, the theory of computing, design, development, verification, and maintenance of various software. The course introduces examples that are drawn from a wide range of applications. No previous experience in computing or computer programming is assumed for these courses. The curriculum mainly addresses the built-in close liaison of different technologies to make our students a true IT professional.
The B.Sc. CS program is accredited by the National Computing Education Accreditation Council (NCEAC).
An applicant for admission to the B.Sc. Computer Science bachelor’s degree course must fulfill the following requirement.
1) He/She should have earned (or expected to earn) at least 60% marks in Intermediate/ DAE or equivalent foreign qualification examination excluding sports and Hafz-e- Quran marks.
2) He should have appeared in the Entry Test arranged by the University of Engineering and Technology Lahore.
3) His subject combination in the entrance test must be the same as his intermediate (or equivalent) subject combination because he will be considered for admission in the prescribed disciplines relevant to his subject combination only. This restriction does not apply to DAE-qualified candidates.
4) In case the candidate seeks admission based on B.Sc. Engineering Technology or equivalent degree, he should have obtained (or expected to obtain) at least 60% marks, in case of annual or a CGPA of 2.5 out of 4.0 in case of semester system.
5) He should have earned (or expected to earn) at least 50% of overall adjusted aggregate marks calculated according to the formula given in the Merit calculation on the IEFR website.
6) He should be a bonafide resident of the area from where he seeks admission.
7) He should meet the standards of physique and eyesight laid down in the medical certificate.