Engr. Dr. Waqar Ali Khan
Head of DepartmentPEC Number: Chem/ 3525
Email: engrwaqarali@ gmail.com
Ph.D Chemical Engineering (Coal Combustion) ,Punjab University Lahore.
M.Sc. Process Engineering Punjab University, Lahore.
B.Sc. Chemical Engineering Punjab University, Lahore.Experience(Years): 22
PAPERS PUBLISHED IN JOURNAL / CONFERENCE
1. Environmental Pollution Control with the help of Modern Instrumentation Techniques
The Environmonitor October-2003
2. Fluidized Bed Boiler – A new revolution
The Environmonitor April- May 2005
3. Manufacturing of Urea Based Acidic Fertilizer (UNP 19: 19) Scale-up Studies
Journal of Arab Fertilizer Association September-December 2005
4. Hydrodynamic Behavior of a Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler
A Review; The PIChE Journal Vol. 13
5. Radial Heat Transfer Investigations in a Circulating Fluidized Bed Burning Makarwal Coal
Journal of Faculty of Engineering & Technology Vol.18 No. 1, 2011
6. Parametric Study of NOx Emissions in Circulating Fluidized Bed Combustor
Journal of Pakistan Institute of Chemical Engineers
JPIChE 40 (1) 2012: 61-68
7. Fast Pyrolysis of Pakistan Cotton Stalks in Fluidized Bed Reactor Design and Preliminary Results
Life Science Journal 2014 11(7)
8. Modeling and Analysis of SO2 Emissions under Fast Fluidized Bed Conditions using One Dimensional Model.
Journal of Advances in Chemical Engineering and Science 2014,4,327-338
9. Enhancement of P2O5 Content in SSP Made from Local Rock Phosphate of Pakistan
International Journal of Innovation and Applied Studies. Nov. 2014.
10. Removal of Congo Red from Aqueous Solution Using Saw Dust as a Low Cost Adsorbent
International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 5, Issue 12, December 2014
11. Actinometric Determination of UV-radiation in Wet-tube Electrostatic Precipitator (WESP)
JIPChE 42(2) 2014 137-145
12. Regeneration of Anion Exchange Resin after Chromate Removal
JPIChE Vol.42 No.2, 2014
13. A Model of Heat Transfer in a Circulating Fluidized Bed Combustor
Science International Lahore (25)4 785-790 2013.
14. Comparative Study of Hydro Dynamic Parameter in 3D Atmospheric Fluidized Bed
JPIChE Vol.43 No.1, 2015
15. Axial Heat transfer Investigations in a Circulating Fluidized Bed Combustor Burning Makarwal Coal
Science International Lahore (24)4 153-157 2012
16. Reduction of Sulfur and Ash of Salt Range Coal by Froth Flotation Technique
JPIChE Vol. 43, No. 2, 2015
17. Removal of Arsenic from Ground Water using Nano-Particle Adsorbent
Science International ISSN 1013-5316.
18. Separation of Wax from Sugar Cane Mud
Science International ISSN 1013-5316.
19. Removal of Residual Carcinogenic Dyes from Industrial Waste Water Using Flocculation Technique
(Accepted Online) Chemical Industry and Chemical Engineering Quarterly (CI & CEQ).
20. Development of Temperature Programmed Identification Technique to Characterize the Organic Sulphur Functional Groups in Coal
Submitted Online, Energies.
21. Preparing Biodegradable Detergent from Neemseed Oil and H.Multiforum (Laana/Laani) Ash.
By; Samra Mansoor, Waqar Ali Khan, Shahid Raza Malik, Madiha Saeed.
Published in the Journal of Science International Issue No. 5, 2015.
22. Desulfurization of Coal by Solvent Leaching Method.
By; Madiha Saeed, Waqar Ali Khan, Shahid Raza Malik, Samra Mansoor, Ammar Saeed
Published in Journal of Pakistan Institute of Chemical Engineers Vol. 43, No.2 (2015)
23. High Pressure Oxy desulperisation of Coal: Effect of Oxidizing Agent Solvent Shear and Agitator Configuration
Energies Vol.5 (2016) pp 335.
24. Radial Heat Transfer Investigations in a Circulating Fluidized Bed Burning Coal
Proceedings of International Conference on Energy Systems Engineering (ICESE2010), 25-27 October, NUST. Islamabad, Pakistan
25. Axial Heat Transfer Investigation in a Circulating Fluidized bed Combustor
Proceedings of International Conference on Energy & Advancements in Process Engineering (ICEAPE)2010, 28-29 December NFC IE&FR Faisalabad, Pakistan
26. Burning of Pakistani (Salt Range) Coal in a Circulating Fluidized Bed and Radial Heat Transfer Investigation;
UK-Pakistan Coal Conference
(UK PKCC 2012) 3-5 July, University of Leeds, UK.
27. Solar Water Heater Systems
In the Proceedings of 2nd Conference on Sustainability in Process industry (SPI 2014) 22- May UET Peshawar
28. Effect of Operating Parameters on Pyrolysis of Biomass (Wheat Straw)
In the Proceedings of 1st International Young Engineers Convention (IYES 2014)18-20 April UET Lahore
29. Effect of Operating Parameters on Tyre Derived Fuel from Pyrolysis of Waste Tyres
In the Proceedings of 3rd Conference on Sustainability in Process Industry (SPI 2016) 19-20- Oct 2016 UET Peshawar.
30. Study of Hydrodynamics Parameters for Liquid-Solid Fluidization Using Semolina Particles
Presented at 6th Symposium on Engineering Sciences (SES 6) 21-22 December 2016 ICET Punjab University/UET Lahore.
31. Bio-oil from Copyrolysis of Organic Soli-Waste
Presented Poster at 6th Symposium on Engineering Sciences (SES 6) 21-22 December 2016 ICET Punjab University/UET Lahore.
32. Effect of Operating Parameters on Bio-oil Yield from Pyrolysis of Waste Tyres in Lab Scale Fixed Bed Reactor,
Published in NFC IEFR Journal of Engineering and Scientific Research, ISSN 2222 - 1247, Vol-5, Issue 1, 2017-07-31.